The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Mmmmm, Fair Food!

Yesterday we went to the Fair. Having grown up here, it's just something you have to do. They have really improved the fairgrounds a lot over the last decade, and continue to add new exhibits. Of course, it is the traditional things that we go back for, year after year.....cinnamon rolls, soft tacos, corn dogs. Hubby and son got adventurous and tried some of the fried food (twinkie and oreos), but those just didn't seem appealing to me.

The weather was perfect yesterday too! It seems like it is normally 90+ during the fair every year so it would delightful to have to about 70. Additionally, it didn't seem to be as crowded as it usually is. My only real complaint was that they didn't have enough officers doing the wanding of the crowds at the entrance. There were TWO officers when we arrived shortly after the 10:30am opening. It created quite a backup and I do not understand why they didn't have at least 5 working. And I also found it curious that some of the apparent security patrol on the inside of the fair looked like the type of hoodlums I would usually avoid getting anywhere near. Whatever. I get out of there long before dark and any shenanigans begin.

Since I had already spent most of the day at the fair, I decided to make it a totally school-free day and then watched the remainder of the Bulldog game once we got home, and later made enchiladas and margaritas. Pretty much a very pleasant day.

This afternoon I need to work on Community Property. We have a midterm in about a week and a half. I did spend a few hours going through and organizing all my notes on Friday, but I need to get more prepared for the actual exam.

Tomorrow, I have the day off since the feds get Columbus day off. Yeah! I'm planning on spending the entire day working on my paper for AR&W. Normally I would have had to do that this weekend, but the day off let me enjoy the fair yesterday instead.

Oh, and before I forget, I finally have a trip planned in my future! I was so disappointed not to be able to go anywhere this summer, and I'm so used to traveling. It's nothing big, but I'm happy. Our anniversary is in November, and because it falls on a Monday and in a week that I have a paper due, we're going a couple weeks earlier. We're going to one of my favorites, the Ritz Carlton over in Half Moon Bay. It has incredible views, a wonderful spa, and it has been way too long since I've been there. Always nice to have a trip to look forward to.

Speaking of trips, we still haven't figured out what we're doing next summer. We had thought about going back to Italy and seeing more there, but we're also considering going on a cruise in northern Europe (possibly seeing my relatives in Sweden), or going to Tahiti. How's that for options? At this point it all sounds good, and I'm not sure which I'd rather pick.

I'm hungry....time for breakfast!

Labels: , , ,