The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Finally, Another Law Clerk!

The misdemeanor unit of the US Attorney's office where I am the solo law clerk normally has 2 students working in that department. I have heard that they were in the process of trying to find another to help me, and I finally heard today that one of my classmates was offered this position.

By the time he gets through the background check process, it will probably be 6-10 weeks from now. At least I know help is on the way. Not that I feel inundated, but I certainly think more cases could be processed if there were 2 of us.

The best part is that not only do I know my soon-to-be co-worker, but I like him and already know that I work well with him. He's been my study partner for the last 3 years and was my Moot Court partner this past summer. I'm so excited that he will be working here with me. I think we will prove to be a very effective prosecuting team!

Labels: