The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tax Exam

I can't believe I forgot to post about this the other day. In my tax class, there is one guy that the professor likes to tease, and whom tries to dish it back to him. Anyway, on the final on the second question, the man in the question had the last name of ZONUM, and he had created a new legal filing system using pictures instead of words. He called this system YNOT. This was funny enough, because the professor had previously teased this student about using such a pictorial system. Anyway, if you were clever enough to read backward in the exam, you would see the student's name. lol Nice to have a little laugh in the middle of an exam sometime.

Ok, so I was the bigger person today. Even though my ex-husband deserves nothing, and certainly not spending time with our daughter when he refuses to help support her (financially or otherwise), I didn't want my children to be apart from each other on Christmas, so I worked out a schedule with him so we each have them part of the time, and they will only be apart on Christmas morning for a few hours. (Normally we do the every other year thing, but this year even though it is his year for my son, my daughter is now 18 and since I'm the only one supporting her, she will be with me. I didn't want it to be so awkward for them, so I set aside my personal issues with him and worked it out for them.) It's not what I would ideally do if I could control everything, but I can't, and so this is the best solution for the world I live in. Plus, at least I can see both kids on both Christmas Eve and Day and not have to dread what is going to happen.

Labels: , ,