The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

One Down, 3 More to Go

Just finished my Property midterm. I feel really good about it. There were 2 essay questions, each worth 33 points, and some future interest problems worth 34 points. I had worked on a lot on the future interest stuff in the last few days, and I actually think I did very well on that section. I'm sure I forgot things in the essays, but overall, I'm happy. (Of course, I say that now. I may not feel the same once I see my grade next month!)

One thing I noticed is that since I am more used to having classes at night now (compared to last year when all my classes were in the afternoon), I didn't feel tired during the exam at all. I still would rather have exams in the afternoon, but at least I didn't feel like I was dragging the last hour or so.

Next up is Crim Law on Thursday evening. I have an outline I like, but I haven't really looked at it since last week, so I'll be memorizing that and going over all the old exams for the next 2 days.

Tax is on Friday, and I feel like I'm already prepared for that, so no worries here. I have all the info and formulas for the 2 essays already copied into my tax code book, along with the questions and answers to the 4 dozen most commonly asked multiple choice questions. I'll probably spend Friday reviewing my notes and jotting a few more things in my book, but I don't anticipate too much stressing over this test.

Constitutional Law is a week from tomorrow. I will have 5 days to prepare for that. As I mentioned previously, that exam is open book and open note. I have made my outline already, but I need to go over the old exams, and probably add some stuff to my outline. Five days will give me plenty of time to do that.

Other than last month's Bus. Org. test (which I KNEW would be horrid), I thought Property would be the hardest. I'm now thinking Crim. won't be too bad. Tax is going to just be a matter of going through the steps. Con. Law will be yucky (because I hate the subject), but it shouldn't be impossible. Makes me feel like it won't be so bad now. I must be tired. Time for bed....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home