The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Study, study, study

The review session for tax yesterday went until 7pm! I'm sorry, but sitting in a classroom on a Saturday night when I am starving because it is way past dinner time SUCKS! To make matters worse, the local electric holiday parade had my normal route blocked, so it took me even longer to get out of there.

The good thing is, I think Tax now makes sense to me. I know what I'm going to have to do on the first exam question (figure out if it IS income), which is no big deal. And for the second question, determine what is the person's tax due (which after the review session doesn't seem so scary now). I have most of the answers for all the multiple choice questions, so I just need to write a few more things in my book and I'll be ready for that test, which isn't even until Friday.

I did decide my Property outline was too big and bulky to help me study effectively, so after reviewing the midterm exams and sample answers for the last 5 years, I cut and revised and took it from 34 pages down to 12, 4 of which is future interest stuff. I'm feeling a lot better about that now too after working on that all day and feeling like I know all the rules of law I need to.

While at school yesterday, I got the registration material for the spring. I had been planning on taking Community Property in place of Tax (since both are one semester only classes). However, another class caught my eye, so I'm going to do a bit of checking and see if Criminal Trial Practice might be a better class for me to take this spring. (Need to see if I have to completed Evidence and Crim. Pro. first or not.) It sounds like a fun and interesting class, and I met the professor last summer when I was a time keeper in his "courtroom" for moot court. I'm thinking the practice in that class would be a nice preparation for moot court in addition to helping me see if I really want to be involved in Criminal Law.

Ok.....back to studying, at least for a little bit longer...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home