The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Only One More

After completing my Tax midterm last night, I have only one midterm left- Con Law. (More about that in a minute.) I'm feeling pretty good about Tax. The first question was a no brainer, and the multiple choice were mostly very easy because I had studied the previous tests so much and knew the answers to almost all of them. The second question in determining the tax for the couple was harder than I thought, though mostly because our instructor told us that he would make AGI an even number, and mine wasn't, so that bothered me. Of course, I got over it, realizing that it isn't an "all or nothing" question.

I was also kind of bent that the exam was supposed to be 3 hours, ending at 9:30 (ok, maybe 9:40 since he started us 10 minutes late). I normally like to exit my exam (on Examsoft) and get it uploaded a few minutes before the end of the time so I know there won't be any issues in doing so. When I stopped about 9:25 to do that, I noticed on the board written "Time left: 60 minutes" but I had neither seen nor heard the professor do this, so I assumed he had done so at 8:30. Anyway, I exited my exam, uploaded it and got my stuff together when the professor comes in and writes "30 minutes to go" on the board. WTF? Nice. Well, there was nothing I could do at that point, since my exam was turned in, so I just left. Who wants to be taking a test until 10pm on a Friday night anyway?

I'm sure I did well enough to pass, but if I HAD known it was going until 10, I probably would have spend a little longer trying to find my errors/omissions on the tax problem. Whatever. At least I am done with that class for all eternity.

I now have 5 days to prepare for Con Law. As mentioned before, it is an open note/outline and open book test. Not that it makes it any easier. But I do have one outline already fully prepared, and I just intend to prepare a shorter one, and then read through both of them enough to feel familiar with everything. I'm not very motivated, since I do hate this class, and this is my last test. I did promise myself a day off this weekend, so I'll probably spending tomorrow getting out the Christmas decorations. Definitely much more fun than Con Law!

Labels: ,