The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Freaked Out and Stressed

Fortunately, I can say that my exams do not have me feeling this way. To the contrary, I am feeling quite confident and just happy to have the chance to show what I've learned. It makes me feel kind of strange because it seems like every other student I talk with is majorly freaking out about each test. Sometimes I'm even surprised that I'm not more stressed because when I think about, maybe I should be. So maybe down deep I'm either completely confident in my abilities, or maybe I just don't care.

Last night's Crim Law exam was pretty much as I expected. Beforehand, I had timed myself and it took me 20 minutes to type out (from memory) the list of offenses and defenses and the laws for each. I decided that was too much time to "waste" during the exam, and once it started, I just took 3 minutes to write out the list of offenses and defenses (without the laws) to make sure I wouldn't miss spotting anything while reading the fact patterns.

I think I did really well. I wrote about 1500 words for each of the 3 questions. I finished about 20 minutes early, and then went through and re-read it all, adding a few small things here and there. I'm sure I missed stuff (as I am sure I did in Property), but I really think I will get a decent grade (above 70) on both of them. (Not that I can say the same for Bus. Orgs.)

Now to Tax. I did a lot of prep work for that test last weekend, so now I need to refresh myself with it and get ready for tonight's exam. It will be a different kind of exam with all the calculations and stuff- not like a normal law school exam. We actually get to use calculators!

Ok, well I suppose I should get to it and stop wasting time on here......

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home