The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

I Don't Want to Post This

I woke up this morning to find this on the front page of our local paper. I can't even begin to tell you how shocked and sick it made me feel. The deputy DA this article is about is the one I did my internship with this past summer. I had seen a smaller article a couple of days earlier, just mentioning the identity theft and suspension, with no real details. I has assumed, that since his first and last names are extremely common, there must have been some mistake.

Now that the details are out and it is clear it is not a financial matter of identity theft, I'm really just in shock. I thought this DA was one of the good guys. I just can't comprehend why people do things, especially in those kind of positions, and think it won't be discovered. I just don't get it.

Maybe I take all of this too seriously. Personally, when I think about representing the government and enforcer of our laws, I feel like I have a duty to do my utmost to respect all the laws. I don't want to make a mockery of what I do. Am I too idealistic or just too naive? Whatever the case, I'm very disturbed by this news.

Labels: