The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, October 15, 2007

The First Midterm of My Final Year in Law School

It's not quite that dramatic, just a little Community Property exam, worth a third of my grade for this semester long class- that's what's coming up Thursday afternoon. Thankfully I have teamed up with another classmate to study for this class (there are only about 15 students in this class and by this stage it seems like most study partners have been long established) and feel like through our sessions and my private studying I now understand it. The frustrating part is that I have so little time to spend actually trying to memorize things I need to know. I want to know what the heck I did when I was a first year, with only 4 classes, and no job! Damn, no wonder I had written briefs for every single case that year!

I'm turning in my dispositive motion for AR&W tomorrow night. Not as nice as I would like it, but it's just one of those things- I did enough on it to turn it in, but I had other things I had to do too. I guess that's the hardest part of third year for me so far--- I just have so many things I have to do and so little time, so I'm constantly juggling and weighing, and some things lose out. Just how it goes.

This weekend I really need to work on my other outlines (Remedies, Wills & Trusts, and Evidence). I haven't started those yet, mostly because I haven't had a pressing need combined with lack of time. I don't want to wait much longer though, so since I'm going to have a lot of time this weekend, I'm hoping to be productive.

Labels: