The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Weekend Off

After my "interesting" Friday evening, I decided I was too freaked out to have to do anything yesterday or today, and I took the weekend off from doing any school work. I shall go back to work tomorrow, but I do admit it has been nice to actually feel like a normal person (ie., NOT a law school student) for a couple days.

I did come to a definite decision though. After a conversation with a classmate on Friday, I realized that I do NOT want to do law review. I was trying to hedge my bets and thinking I would continue attending the meetings for the next month, "just in case". But, the reality is I don't want to. I originally planned on doing it because I figured I would need it on my resume when I was competing for jobs up in the bay area against people who had graduated from Stanford, Santa Clara, Boalt Hall, etc. But now that we are definitely staying here and I will have both the DA and US Attorney's office internships on my resume, I don't think I need law review. Not that I don't think it is a great honor and all that crap, but really, I need a vacation! It's bad enough that law school has diminished my traveling, but I'm not letting it take my sanity too. I really just need one month before my final year starts when I can not stress. Sure, I'll be working full time with the DA, but I can come home and NOT read, NOT study, NOT research. That is what I want. If that makes me lazy, so be it. I just need to feel like I'm going to have some time to recharge enough to make it through the rest of the year. (Now where could I go to have a fun long weekend sometime before school starts???)

So yeah, that's about it for now. I believe I shall go find my cat and take a nap......

Labels: , ,