The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Just Breathe and Keep Going

As if all my summer school classes, including the appellate brief and oral arguments for Moot Court, my internship, and having my home for sale weren't enough, now I have health issues in my family. To be protective, I don't want to reveal specifics. But I don't know how much more I can handle.

To remain sane, I keep telling myself I can do this (law school) in 4 years, instead of 3, if I have to. We're staying in town, so it doesn't really matter now if I finish in 2008 or in 2009. I thought summers were for relaxing, but I can't even remember ever having such an awful, stressful summer. It only gets worse when I think that I won't really get a break until August 2008 (that is, if I do end up finishing next year). But right now, I don't even want to think that far ahead.

Let's just get through today.....finish reading for Family Law Mediation and write that paper. One little step at a time...

Labels: