The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Stress- A Good Diet

I weighed myself yesterday morning (which is not a daily habit of mine, unless I'm in an obsessive weight stage, which right now I am not) and found I had lost 5 pounds since summer school started 2 weeks ago. At least there is some benefit to being so stressed!

My Moot Court partner and I completed our "Statement of the Facts" and "Statement of the Case" yesterday. I also did my outline for the arguments of my issue. I then tried to organize the cases I would be using under each point. Now I have the pleasure of reading these cases and deciding which ones I really want to use, and then disecting them in order to write my full arguments. Fun.

I haven't been sleeping well. I seem to wake up between 5:30 and 6am every day, regardless of what time I have my alarm set, or even when it isn't set, like today. I'm actually surprised that I haven't gotten sick. I know it's a function of the stress, but right now, I just wonder why I'm doing this to myself.

Labels: