The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's Really Not That Bad

That's what I keep trying to tell myself. Heck, it's not really 6 weeks of extreme stress. It's really only 2.5 weeks! Once I get to June 28 and turn in my brief, it will be downhill from there. Well, not really counting the actual Moot Court experience itself, but the rest of summer school.

I honestly have not felt as stressed as I do now since I started law school. I literally have not enough time to get everything done. I have the 3 classes and I have to read for them. I'm taking the MPRE in August, so I have to learn this stuff. Skipping it is not an option.

Of course, when you have lots of "musts", it seems like the "shoulds" and "wants" get set aside. I SHOULD be spending more time researching, and I WANT to read the rest of the optional book on oral advocacy. I'm just extremely frustrated because I'm not getting everything done that I want to.

I had thought, briefly, that maybe I was stupid for doing the DA internship this summer. After all, I'll get more than enough hours at the US Attorney's office during the school year for my needed clinical hours. Why was I putting myself through the extra stress of trying to work all these hours over the summer too? Because, I realized, it's not just about the hours. It's getting in the door there, meeting people, beginning to form a reputation with people there. All that stuff. Plus, having been an intern there now will give me a opportunity to work there (paid) as a law clerk after I take the bar but before I hear if I passed or not.

I can survive 17 more days of stress, can't I?

Labels: ,