The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Just Weird

I happened to be over near school today (which rarely happens when we are not in session), so I stopped by to look up my rankings in each of my subjects. (My overall class ranking will be available on Monday should I choose to drive all the over there.) As far as rankings are concerned, I did the best in the classes I hated the most! I was ranked 6th in Bus. Org. and fricking 3rd in Con. Law!?!? Now, to be fair, my Con. Law class only had 17 people in it, but still, I find it amazing to have done so well despite my disdain for the topic. Quite telling was that 8 of the 17 people in that class had grades in the 60s, with 65 being the lowest grade given. I'm guessing that means I wasn't the only one who didn't care for that class!

My daughter and I killed a few hours by looking at some open houses today. We drove out to a new development north and east of the school and I was very impressed! It is just sooo far out there- you're nearly to the foothills! I'm always amazed when I drive around in these new areas because I can't believe how many new neighborhoods there are. It's like it's not even the same city any more!

Well, I guess since I don't have any research to be doing right now, I should at least do some reading....did all the Prof. Responsibility stuff and now working on the Family Law Mediation stuff. It's way too touchy feely for me, so I can feel my eyes rolling as I read it, but whatever. It counts for a unit.

Labels: ,