The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm Tired- I Need to Go Back to School!

I've been out of classes for a week and a half. Honestly, I wish I was back in class. We're going to sell our house and move, so in preparation for that, we are going through the whole house and packing up everything that we don't need on a frequent basis and moving it into storage. This is the hard part because there is such much sorting to do. Things are either put into the trash, put into my yard sale pile (which I'll get rid of in August at my big sale), boxed and labeled and put into storage, or organized and kept here.

I've been working at it for the last week and have now gone through all the closets and my office. I'm doing the kitchen and pantry on Monday and Tuesday, and the master bedroom and bathroom Wednesday through Friday. Hubby did his office and the garage, my daughter did her room last year before leaving for MIT, and my son is doing his room.

The plan is that once everything is stored, decluttered and cleaned, we can list the place for sale. Once it sells, since what is here will be things we know we want (having already sorted through everything), it won't be so hard to pack and move. We anticipate it taking awhile to sell because of the price, but that is why we are planning to list it now, rather than after I graduate. It will probably make the next year kind of tricky, making sure it is always kept clean and ready to show, but it will be better in the long run.

I start my internship with the DA on the 29th, so I really only have next week to get this done. The week after that, I start summer school classes. I will probably only work 12 hours a week during summer school, but with the classes, the research and writing I'll be doing for both Moot Court and my internship, I doubt I'll have much free time.

Speaking of internships, I'm still just so excited my trial. Laying in bed last night, just thinking about doing a real trial, my heart starting racing. I don't know what's wrong with me! When I was younger, I wanted things that were predictable and easily attainable. Now it seems like I'm much rather be pushed by being somewhat afraid......like it is more of a challenge. So the fear doesn't scare me. I think it just pushes me to try harder. Whatever...I must be a freak.

Labels: ,