The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Background Check #2

In addition to studying for my finals the last few days, I have been filling out my packet of information for the background check for my internship with the U.S. Attorney's office. I'm getting that sent out to Sacramento today. All I need to do is get my fingerprints done. The check is supposed to take 6-8 weeks to complete, so I am very glad I got this offer now so I will be ready to go when school starts in August.

The Property exam really wiped me out, more than I realized on Tuesday night. I was SO tired all day yesterday! I still think I did well on it, but probably not as good as I would have liked. CrimPro tonight seems like it will be much easier in comparison. I just need to remember to cram as many facts and as much analysis in there as I can because that is what the professor likes. (I tend to be brief and to the point, which I think hurt me on the December exam in his class.)

Anyway, after tonight's exam I only have Con Law, which isn't until next Wednesday night. Since I despise that class and will have 6 days to study, I'm anticipating having a hard time motivating myself to do much for it. I have done a lot of prep work already. I mostly need to do some indexing, and then read through all the notes I'm bringing to the test to make sure I understand them and will know where to find them.

I guess this is it for now. Need to study a little more for Crim.

Labels: ,