The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Only 40 Pages

I finished work on my Property outline this morning. It is a bear- at 40 pages! I seem to remember Contract's outline last year being around 20, so it is quite intimidating that I need to know/have memorized about double that amount for this class. I'm sure I could have cut it down some, but I like to leave in a lot of extra explanations for things so I'm more likely to get the real meaning of things.

The final is one week from today. Since Criminal Procedure's final is a week from Thursday, I anticipate just concentrating on these 2 for the next week. Con Law isn't until the following Wednesday, so I probably won't start really studying for that until Crim Pro is over. Since the Con Law is open book and open note, I have begun getting my materials together, including briefs for all the cases that are on the professor's outline for this section of the course. I just need to index those, along with my class notes, and review them. Since memorizing isn't an issue in there, I don't think it will be too bad. It's more of a matter of being organized and having an understanding of things and then knowing where to find them.

The only thing to break up this week of studying will be the rodeo on Friday night. Hubby and I went last year and enjoyed it, so we're going again this year. I can't say I ever really spend Friday nights studying, so it won't really hurt me any. Plus, I have the house to myself on Saturday which should help me have a productive study day then.

It's weird looking back to a year ago. It seemed like the first year was filled with so much uncertainty- how was I doing? Would I make it? What did I want to do after graduation (if I made it that far)? It made the year seem so long. But this year has flown by. I know how I'm going, that I'm going to make it and what I want to do after graduation. Maybe all the certainty, and of course, the heavier load, made it fly by so quickly.

Guess I should get back to the outlines. Crim Pro is bloated at 33 pages and is about to go on a crash diet....

Labels: