The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, April 20, 2007

I got a second offer!

The 3 places I applied to and interviewed at for an summer internship were the US Attorney's office, the District Attorney's office, and the Attorney General's office. The DA originally told me their background check would take 2-3 weeks after I turned my packet in on Monday, so I was very surprised to get a call from them yesterday after only 3 days, offering me an internship.

I just spoke with the Attorney General's office and they offered me that internship as well. They said they were very impressed with me and would like to have me work there. I told them that unfortunately I had already accepted another offer, but I hoped they would keep my information in case it worked out for me to work there sometime in the future.

Feels good to have gotten a second offer, even though I couldn't accept it. It was a harder interview (4 on 1), and I wasn't sure if they liked me, so I'm glad I did better than I thought on it. And whether this is true or not, it makes me feel like I'm not going to have a hard time finding a job in the kind of place I want to be after graduation.

Anyway, so I will be working for the DA's office, though for discretion sake, I'd rather not specify exactly which department. Can't wait though!

Labels: