The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Interviews

I had my 2 interviews and it appears likely that I will get one of the internships. Both went well and as I have said previously, I would be thrilled to work in either place. I need to fill out a huge packet of information for a background check with one of the places, so I'm going to work on that this weekend and get that turned in next week. It takes a few weeks to check that out, so I want to make sure I get it going as soon as possible so that I will be good to go once finals end in May.

My daughter's 19th birthday is today. It seems so sad not to be able to be with her to celebrate. I did send her a box of goodies, some flowers and balloons, and have already talked to her once. I know I'm missing her more than she is missing me, which I guess is how I would rather it be, but that doesn't make it any easier to not see her.

My birthday is Sunday (yes, I'm a tax baby), and again, I will miss seeing her then as well. At least I know I will see her next month, and there is so much going on between now and then that I know it will fly by.

Labels: , ,