The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

3 Cool Things

The next three days are going to be exciting- first I have my trial tomorrow night, which I am so ready and excited for. On Thursday I have one interview, and on Friday I have my other. I can't wait for all of them! The trial is going to be good. My partner and I are prepared, and I like doing that stuff so much that I'm really looking forward to putting all the pieces we've learned together and doing the whole trial at once. Should be a lot of fun!

And I'm thrilled to be interviewing at the places that I am. I did have a couple of interviews last fall, but they honestly weren't the kind of law I want to practice, and I'm not good at faking it, so I'm sure I didn't come across as really wanting their jobs when I interviewed. But these jobs, I WANT! So I know I will come across that way, just have to be careful not to look or sound too desperate.

Of course, adding to my pleasure is that I no longer have to attend Business Organizations on Thursdays, since that class is finished. THANK GOODNESS! After my trial, Criminal Trial Practice will also be done. But that class, as you all know, I will miss dearly. It will, however, leave me with a schedule of only having classes on Mondays and Tuesdays, which is nice.

My partner and I got notice that we need to orally argue pretrial motions before trial starts tomorrow night. We each are going to cover one of the two issues, so I need to get to work and finish writing out things I want to cover.

Labels: ,