The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

We're Ready!

For trial, that is! I met with my co-counsel this afternoon and we went through the whole trial. I think we have done a great job. We have broken it up over the last 6 weeks, so we have had plenty of time to think about it, talk about it, hash it over and decide on things. We are both prepared and ready to go. We're going to meet once more to go over our opening and closing again, but I don't really know what else we could do. I do have to submit our pretrial motions, jury instructions and verdict forms to opposing counsel and the judge (our professor) on Monday, and I have all of those items ready and waiting to be sent by email.

I'm really looking forward to it. It is going to be a lot of fun. My partner and I are a great match because we're opposites in a lot of ways, which is good because we complement each other well and cover more strengths that way.

I was talking to my daughter about the trial today and telling her that her uncle (my brother) might film it, so she may be able to watch it later if she wants. She said that was embarrassing, and when I asked why, she said because she didn't want to see her grandpa (my dad is playing the role of our client, the defendant) being tried for murder! I told her it was ok- I'm getting him off because it was self-defense! :)

Labels: