The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Realization

I already knew I would miss my Criminal Trial Practice class after my trial is finished next week. But today as I was going over things with my defense co-counsel, I realized that I'm also going to miss working on trial stuff. Every week of the class we have had various things to prepare: direct exams, cross exams, opening statements, closing arguments, expert witness, getting things into evidence, etc. I always spent hours reading the assignments AND preparing fully for each item we were to present in class. I put in the time because I honestly enjoyed it AND because I wanted to get the most I possibly could out of this class.

In law school, I know some people enjoy writing, others enjoy reading, others talking in class. I can't say I enjoy any of those, but with this class I found something I really do enjoy and I will miss both the learning and the preparing I did for this class. I will miss not having a case to work on, think about, strategize over.

Labels: