The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, March 30, 2007

8 More Hours Till I'm Done with Bus. Orgs!

Tonight's 6:30pm final is just 2 hours, so 8 hours from now I can rejoice in the fact that I will never have to go to that class again. I have been studying all week for this, and I still can't say for sure how ready I am. The professor's fact patterns are usually so long and confusing, and to top it off, he can't use names like Ann, Ben and Cal. He choooses things like Astranaar and Malocchio that are so weird that it is hard to even keep track of who is a person and what is a company!

I think I get the securities fraud issues, but not so sure about tender offers. In my defense, I will say that he rushed through that topic in the last 1.5 classes and didn't seem to care how thoroughly he taught it. At least I understand it better now than I did after sitting through his class. For all of this professor's "brilliance", he really doesn't do a good job on actually explaining to you what the law is. At least in my opinion, it seems to come out covered in webs and you have to dig and search to find of the parts, some of which may have been missing.

What are my plans for the weekend? I will admit that I do plan to do a little schoolwork, but just my exhibits for trial. I'm going to be out of town a few days next week and want to get those done before I leave. Other than that, I think I shall take a few boat rides and enjoy a few drinks!

Labels: