The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Only One Final Left

I had a brief scare before the Crim Pro final last night. When I went to start Exam Soft, it said I needed to take a qualifying exam. I kept trying to get to the exam and it wouldn't let me. I finally went to go see the lady in charge of these things and this is the same thing that happened to another student before Tuesday's final. It required completely downloading the program again, and then having her manually approve me downloading the exam. It finished and I got into the exam exactly at 6:30!

I was afraid if I had had to write it would have been so messy and hard to read. I'm glad it didn't come to that. Of course, now I have the same problem the other student did in that since I downloaded a later exam before this happened, it doesn't show up on my exam list, yet won't let me re-download it. So I will have to have the administrator help me get my last exam fixed on the computer too. What a pain!

I always wondered what the deal was when people were having these last minute problems. I know that sometimes people forget to actually download the exams, but I never do that. In fact, I always open the program after downloading one to make sure it shows up! I didn't add any new software to my computer or anything either. Obviously, there is some kind of bug or flaw in that software. At least I got to school early enough to catch it and get it taken care of before it caused me a problem during the exam time.

The exam itself wasn't too bad. I always check my word count though and I'm concerned because while I had over 1700 words for question 1, and over 1500 for question 3, I only had 1150 for question 2. Since they were all weighted the same, I feel like there must have been something there I didn't see and address. So, because of that I'm guessing my score won't be that great...maybe in the 70-75 range? It doesn't matter really, as long as I got above 55.

Con Law is on Wednesday. I'm going to organize my materials today and attend the review session tomorrow. That should highlight what else I need to do. I may even take the day off on Sunday since I'll have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to study. Depends on how I feel after the review session. We'll see....

Labels: