The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Constitutional Law

Tomorrow evening is my last final exam for my second year of law school. I have absolutely no interest in the subject, as it strikes me as just another variation of political science, which has always been my least favorite subject. I did manage to get a 70 on the midterm, along with both participation points, so I only need a 45 on the final to pass the class.

As much as it pains me to study for this class, I have done so. But I've spent more time preparing my notes for the exam, since it is open note. I have a huge binder in which I have all my class notes, briefs for all cases important enough to be listed on the professor's final class outline, and some extra notes, all indexed and organized to easily find anything quickly.

I'm going to pamper myself on Friday as my reward for finishing the second year by getting my hair done in the morning and then getting a pedicure in the afternoon! Can't wait! I then have the NAMI walk I'm doing Saturday morning (hopefully it won't be too hot!). I'll have 2 weeks "off" before I start my internship at the DA's office, but I have tons I need to get done in those 2 weeks. I don't think I will get a real vacation until for another 16 months or so (after I take the bar exam).

Labels: