The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Criminal Misdemeanor Unit

I realized that I never put the description of my fall internship on here. From their website:

Criminal Misdemeanor Unit: These Law Clerk positions are available for third-year law students. Duties include prosecuting misdemeanor offenses for the federal government in the United States Magistrate Court. The student is responsible for his or her own caseload, from initial appearances through trial and probation violations. Law students will gain valuable experience appearing in court, making and responding to motions, preparing for trial, and acting as trial counsel for bench and jury trials.

Guess you can see why I'm so excited about it!

Labels: