The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Finished with Second Year of Law School.....

....and now I'm considered a 4th year student. No, I didn't get to skip a year. My school's program is based on a 4 year schedule, however, it does offer an accelerated 3 year program you can choose after completing and passing the first year.

I received an email from school yesterday telling us that only 48 slots were available for moot court this summer, and priority went to 4th year students. Since I'm planning on graduating next May, I emailed and asked if 3rd year students who were on the 3 year plan got the same priority. The answer- yes, because we are considered 4th year students. So there you have it. I feel like I've accomplished so much in the last day.....like completing 2 years of law school! lol

I have no idea how I did on last night's Con Law exam. I think I did ok on the 2 regular "issue spotting" questions, but I know I really sucked on the policy question. Thankfully it was worth the least amount (not sure, but maybe 20-25% of the total test points). All I can think is that surely I must have gotten at least 20 of 40 points on each of the regular questions and 5 of 20 on the policy one. That's all I needed to pass. I cannot imagine sitting through that class for another year, so hopefully I did enough.

Apparently some grades could be posted as early as today. I've been checking like a freak and nothing yet, at least not for any of my classes. I'm also check the first assignments for summer school and the info packet for moot court, and that isn't there yet either. I've already got all my books for summer school, so would love to get a head start on things if I had the chance.

I will have to do a reflective post on the second year later, but in general I can say that I did like it much more than the first year. For now, it is just time to relax!

Labels: