The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Grades Are Online

All grades, except Purvis' Con Law and Bus Org are online. I don't quite understand how we can have taken the Bus Org exam at the end of MARCH and he has to turn in those grades LATE. I have some choice words to say about that, but better not to post them here.

Anyway, I only had 2 new grades posted yesterday (Crim Pro and Con Law). I received the same grade in both classes (a B score) which surprised me. I guess I knew I'd get a B in Crim Pro, as I got a B in Crim Law last semester, but I had gotten a C on Con Law's midterm, and I've made no secret of how much I despise that class. I just have a hard time putting much effort into something I hate. I only read for the class once a month, when I knew I would be called on. I didn't think I really know what was going on in that class. I DID put together an excellent binder of notes and outlines to use on the final, since it was open note/book. Perhaps that did more good than I knew!

My overall GPA is down one point from last year (before Bus. Org. is added into the equation). Not that I really care. At this point, I know I'll graduate, I was offered every internship I applied for, and I have no doubt I will get a job I want after graduation, so I'm not really driven to be a show off in school. Plus, oh yeah, I do have a family and stuff that I actually care more about, so there's that....

Supposedly those grades will be online later today. Not that I can check until probably after 6pm anyway. Oh yeah, and moot court stuff still isn't online. I suppose it doesn't matter now because since I'm working this week, I don't have time to do any research for it until the weekend. So much for getting a big head start on that!

Labels: