The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Finally! My Daughter Comes Home Tomorrow!

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see her. This will have been the longest time I've ever gone without seeing her (4.5 months). It will just be so good to have her here for 3 months. I know I'm going to be so busy with school and at the DA's office, but I will make time for doing things with her too.

I went downtown to meet the deputy DA will be interning with yesterday. The unit I'll be working in isn't in the main building, but shares a building with a host of people from many different agencies. It took him an hour and a half to give me the tour, introduce me to everyone, and walk me over to the regular DA office to get my badge and stuff finalized.

I'm starting on Tuesday and will work full time next week to get a better idea of what goes on there before shifting to part time the following week when summer school starts. They are pretty laid back there and were so nice, telling me how appreciative they were to have me, yet stress they did not want me coming in early, staying late, or working on weekends, and my supervising DA told me specifically that "family and faith- that all comes first" so that I shouldn't stress about taking time for those things. Very cool.

It appears what one of the main things I will be working on is gang injunctions, which are public nuisance causes of action. Should be interesting since that is a civil action in a department that is criminal. I think I'll be learning a lot!

For those keeping track of my cleaning/packing regimen, I have now done everything with the exception of the master bedroom closet. I'll probably work on that tomorrow morning, but if not, I will have time to do it next week in the evenings. It's looking so much better around here and I have gotten rid of SO much stuff. Makes me feel much better.

And in a final note, it is of no surprise to me that I have no new grades posted yet. Since the deadline is Tuesday, I expect the professors to wait until then to turn them in. And likewise, the moot court packet is not online either yet. Big surprise.

Labels: , , ,