The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I Feel Very Sorry for YOU

Yes, it's bad enough that I have to use my break in between the spring semester and summer school to go through my entire house and clean and pack it, but YOU, well, you are actually reading about me doing that! lol Never mind my twisted sense of humor.

Anyway, not that anyone but me cares, but I've now gone through every room and closet in the house (that is my responsibility) except the master bedroom and closet. I do have a huge closet (not as big as my old one, mind you. I still have dreams about that closet. Very fond dreams...) but I did take a study break early on in studying for finals and went through TONS of clothes and shoes. I am so bad. I'm sure I got rid of more shoes that many people even own. I was too embarrassed to count them. And there were even more clothes. But that was only the stuff in plastic bins on the shelves and didn't include any hanging things. Ugh. This is what I get for being a packrat.

I have a bunch of appointments tomorrow, including meeting with the deputy DA I will be interning for starting next week, and meeting with the law student who is doing the US Attorney's internship that I'll do in the fall, this year. I want to get the inside scoop on both jobs, so hoping tomorrow will be productive that way.

Today I finished a 7 year long Bible study. I highly recommend Bible Study Fellowship to everyone! It's not just for people that go to one particular church, or already know a lot, so whatever your background, you are welcomed there. They have groups all over the world, so you can do a search and find the closest one to you if you are interested. I'm going to miss it and all the wonderful people I met there. Unemotional me actually cried when I said goodbye to the leader today. (I've also served on the administrative team as treasurer for the last 4 years.) I sincerely hope that I can rejoin in 2 years and attend the women's evening class. Just great stuff!

Labels: , ,