The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chugging Along

I've been working on the arguments section of my appellate brief for Moot Court and I'm almost done. It's at 11 pages right now (using the correct and HUGE font size- courier new, 12), so I know I will need to refine it some. The arguments are due tomorrow, which won't be an issue. The whole thing is due a week from tomorrow. We will need to revise our table of authorities, put together a table of contents, and statements of the issues and jurisdiction, and a conclusion. That will just take time but not really be that hard. I suppose this makes me feel a little less stressed now because since it is well on its way, it doesn't seem so totally overwhelming.

Right now I'm taking a break for a few hours to run down to the federal courthouse for pretrial motions for the trial I'm doing in September. Since I'm not officially on staff in the US Attorney's office yet, I'm just going to be watching, but I think I'll get to meet some of the other people involved in the case while I'm there. Should be interesting.

Labels: ,