The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I Feel Like a Normal Person

It's so weird to have no reading I HAVE to do, no writing, no researching, no studying. It's like I'm almost normal (of course, I'm not since I am still a law student). I received 2 books for Christmas that I'm actually getting the chance to read, for pleasure- imagine that! (John Grisham's The Innocent Man and Michael Crichton's Next.)

I'm going to work full time for the next two weeks. I am on jury duty this week, and while I don't have to report on Monday, I actually do hope to be selected, though I'm sure it isn't likely.

In a bit of school news, the grades for Family Law Mediation were posted. I got an 84, which according to a classmate, was the highest grade for the class. I'm sure the Moot Court and Professional Responsibility grades won't be posted for several weeks yet.

Nothing much going on. Kind of nice.

Labels: ,