The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Wiped Out

The stress of the last 3 days caught up with me today. I woke up at 1:30am this morning and couldn't fall back asleep until 5am. My alarm then woke me up at 6am so I could be out at the hospital in time to catch the doctor on his rounds.

I spent about 6 hours out there today, trying to study for PR in between chatting with visitors, doctors and staff. Once we all (YEAH!) got home, I finished my "The Verdict" assignment for that class, and continued to study some. I fell asleep for about an hour in the middle of that.

I am completely exhausted. It's like I wouldn't let my body do that to me in the middle of the events of the last few days because I didn't have a choice! Now that my demands are a bit less for a few days, my body is trying to recuperate.

I wish I had about a week to do nothing, but the final for PR is Tuesday afternoon. I have 2 full days to study. There is no way I'm going to be as prepared as I want to be, so I'm just going to do what I can.

Reflecting on Moot Court, something surely must be wrong with me. Not only did I not feel like throwing up, not shake or feel nervous during my argument, I'm actually already looking back on it with fond memories and realizing how much I enjoyed it. Silly, silly girl....

Labels: , ,