The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, July 02, 2007

I Need to GO Somewhere!

I alluded to this in my post the other day- I am dying to travel! We normally travel several times a year and I'm afraid the second year of law school was too busy to fit much into my schedule (though as I mentioned before, I did manage to squeeze in quick trips to Boston, Las Vegas and SF). I'm getting antsy and I want to go somewhere. It doesn't help matters any that it is supposed to be 110 here in a few days. UGH!

I have a final on July 17th so I should be a good girl and not plan anything until after that time. But then I have a whole month! Sure, I'll be working full time, but I can easily get off a day or 2 and create a long weekend and have some fun. I'm going to go crazy if I can't get out of town before the fall semester starts. (Well, not really, but I would become even more unpleasant than I already am right now......)

I have a tolerance for driving about 3 hours before I become annoyed, so longer than that and I'd prefer to fly. Trying to think of some decent options. Monterey is always nice, but too crowded if I go in August when all that car show stuff is going on. SF can be fun, but I'd need to make sure someone will go with me (whereas I wouldn't mind going to Monterey alone). Vegas is just too hot this time of year (believe me, I've done it!). Of course, there's always Half Moon Bay and the Ritz over there that I adore. Such a nice spa there too. Hmmm..... and good shopping within a short drive.

Ok, I need to look into this because I'm going to be very sorry if I have to stay in Fresno all summer!

Labels: ,