The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Oh yeah! I'm IN!

I made it! I'm in the Moot Court finals tomorrow night! I cannot even believe it. I knew, from watching all 3 nights of the competition last year, that the second night was the worst. I knew the judges were going to hammer us the entire time. And they did. And I was the only one from my group of 4 that advanced.

I am soooooo excited! During the class sessions, the professors told us multiple times that arguing an appellate argument is not like doing a jury trial. Of course, I couldn't help but fear that maybe my excellence in my Criminal Trial class would not translate here. I do think the skill set is somewhat different. But fortunately, I seem to be able to handle either fairly well.

I had promised myself if I made it to the finals, I would wear my pink suit as a kind of tribute to Legally Blonde. However, I think that since the 4 finalists are women, it will also be a celebration of girl power! So guess what is coming out tomorrow! Yeah! I love it!

In the meantime, I have updated my resume to include "Finalist in the George A. Hopper 2007 Moot Court Competition". How cool is that! Oh yeah, and at the awards ceremony, I will be getting a plaque for this achievement. Ok, maybe I'm bragging here a bit, but after surviving tonight, I think I've earned the right to do that a little.

Labels: