The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Pinnacle of Stress

Today may have just been the most stressful day of my entire life. I was at the hospital from 8:30am-3:30pm for my child's surgery, and found out shortly before leaving that it was confirmed that she has cancer. I had to then hold it together, come home and get dressed and ready to compete in tonight's mandatory Moot Court competition.

I could not wait to get out of there and get back to the hospital to see her. She was just about asleep by the time I got there, but at least I could see and kiss her. To preserve some sense of privacy for her, I don't want to get into her exact condition or treatment. I just request prayers for her and her recovery.

As if that wasn't enough emotions for one day, I just got a call from the school saying I had made it into the semi-final round of Moot Court. While after today I wasn't sure I even wanted to get that call, I was thrilled when it came.....mostly because I will be arguing on issue and on brief, and I love my arguments, so I do not have to do any additional research before my 7:30pm argument time.

So, it looks like I will be able to spend most of the day at the hospital tomorrow with my daughter, which makes me very happy. I will just worry about my Tuesday Prof. Responsibility final later. Now, I just need to somehow try to fall asleep and get some rest!

Labels: ,