The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Final Year Schedule

On the first day of my one month "vacation" yesterday, the school posted the class schedule for the next year online. So while I should be doing anything BUT thinking about law school, I spent a few hours trying to figure out an acceptable schedule, looking up all the books for the classes, and getting those ordered.

It looks like in the fall, I will have Remedies on Tuesday afternoons, Community Property on Thursday afternoons, and Wills and Trusts on Thursday evenings. I'm also going to take Evidence and Advanced Research and Writing, one on Tuesday evening, and the other on Wednesday, but I'm not sure which one will be which day yet.

In the spring, I'll still have Remedies on Tuesday afternoons, Wills and Trusts on Thursday evenings, and Evidence (whatever day I end up in), and then Civil Trial Practice on Wednesday evenings. That is my last elective I have to take. All the electives for the next year being offered pretty much suck, and since I needed a 3 unit one, my choices were very limited. The only other one I would have considered was Pre-Trial Civil Litigation. Even though I'm not interested in civil stuff, some of the areas covered (discovery, etc.) would be similar, so I thought good. Plus, the professor for that class is my personal lawyer, so I already know and like her. I just thought that the trial practice, even though civil, would be a better class for me. It will be a total no-brainer class for me at that point too, so will make my last semester a bit easier.

One of the nice things about this schedule is that I will have 4 day weekends, with no classes on Mondays and Fridays. I'm sure I will end up working (in the US Attorney's office for my internship) on those days, but if I need to fly back to Boston for any reason for my daughter, having those weekends will make that a little more feasible to do.

Labels: