The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Closing Arguments

We are doing our closing arguments this week in Criminal Trial Practice, at least some of us are. We are having 2 guest speakers first, so we won't have time for all 14 of us to give our 10 minute (max) presentations in the leftover time. I am SOOOO excited about mine. I think I have a really good concept in my presentation and can not wait to give it. It is going to kill me if I have to wait until the following week to do it.

It's funny because back at the beginning of the semester when we were doing our opening statements, I just wanted to go first because I was nervous and wanted to get it over with. Now I want to go first because I'm so excited that I can barely contain it. It's strange too, because I have written out my outline for notes for it, and am working on my visual aids, but I haven't practiced actually saying it yet. I'm more leaning towards doing what the professor told us to do at the beginning of class and not over-rehearse. I'm sure I'll practice it at least 2 or 3 times, but I doubt I will do it over a dozen, like I did for my opening.

Either I'm definitely pursuing the right direction for me for my career, or I'm a total nerd to get so excited about this. (Well, maybe it is some of both!)

Labels: