The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Glad That Weekend is Over!

Ugh! I hate weekends that are worse than the weeks they follow. I had spent all week long studying for Property, so I had to spend the weekend catching up on reading. I spend Saturday reading from Criminal Trial and getting ready for the in class exercises questioning expert witnesses. That took longer than I thought, plus, I had to run some errands, so that is all I got done on Saturday.

On Sunday, I spent eight fricking hours reading 85 pages of Con. Law! *%&# That pretty much sums up how I feel about that. I cannot possibly say how much I hate Con. Law. Our book is nearly incomprehensible and I absolutely detest it. It literally took my entire day. Good thing I don't bother reading it except when I know I'm going to be called on. It would ruin one day of every week for me!

At least I had a couple hours last night to relax before starting a new week. Hubby took me on a boat ride around the lake. It was so beautiful outside, and that was the first chance (7pm) I got to enjoy it at all. I love the spring, so it was a treat to be able to even have a little bit of time to enjoy the outside.

This morning I had to read for today's Property class. I absolutely hate reading material for the same day's class. But Property reading is fast, at least for me. I finished the 50 pages in 2 hours, so I feel less stressed now that I'm caught up (meaning I'm done with this week's assignments- the ones I plan on doing anyway- and can now start working on next week's).

Time to run to class!

Labels: