The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Summer School Schedule

I checked with the assistant dean today and found out that the summer school schedule will be online later today or tomorrow. I had been planning on taking Moot Court, Professional Responsibility and an elective, should I see one that I was interested in. However, the assistant dean told me that the maximum class load for summer school is only 2 classes. Ugh. So much for that plan. Now I will need to wait to see that schedule (which when I checked minutes ago, was not online yet). If I see some elective I must take, I will just have to take PR next spring, even though I preferred to take it from the professor who is teaching it this summer. If no electives are enticing, I'll go ahead and take PR.

Of course, this means my goal in having 4 classes each semester next year is defeated. I must take Evidence, Wills & Trusts, and Remedies, plus one semester class of Community Property and 4 units of electives. I suppose I could take the 1 unit Family Mediation class that is offered on 3 Fridays, and then a 3 unit elective, which would give me 4 classes each semester (not counting the Friday Family classes). Ugh- I would have taken that this semester, but I figured with the summer school 2 unit elective class, it would not end up helping me.

On the more positive side, this should help me get an internship for the summer lined up because I won't have to take off the 5 weeks of summer school. Now to pursue that....

Labels: