The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Amazing What a Good Class Will Do

Last fall, I remember posting about how I was not really enjoying my second year of law school. While still challenging, I was not finding anything fun about it. Of course, having 5 classes, and 2 days of "double duty" (classes in BOTH the afternoon and evening on the same day) doesn't make for a happy semester. And having Tax Thursday night every week is also probably enough to depress anyone.

Thankfully, Tax was only a one semester class. In its is place I am taking Criminal Trial Practice, on Wednesday evenings. Not only does that cut down one double day, it is an awesome class with a wonderful professor. I know I've probably said all this before, but I LOVE THAT CLASS. Just having that class has changed my attitude. It's like I can tolerate all the other crap because I have that to look forward to.

I also just got an email from that professor this morning, and because of a conflict, he is moving up the dates for all of our trials (finals). Mine is now April 11. What this means is that since the week before is Easter vacation, I will only have class on Mondays and Tuesdays (other than my trial) for the month of April. This is such good news for me because it will give me a lot more time to study for my then 3 remaining finals (Crim. Pro., Property and Con. Law) which are May 1, 3 and 9.

I can't believe March is just about here. It's going to be a busy one. The second Property midterm is the 9th, the Bus. Org. final is the 30th, and I basically have March to prepare for my trial (since I hope to have that done by Easter break, and just practice it then).

It just feels good not to be so depressed about my classes this semester. Of course, I only wish I could look forward to taking classes like this next year.

Labels: