The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Business Organization- Only 4 Classes Left

There are only 9 substantive Business Organization class meetings this semester, and yesterday was #5. It's hard to believe we're more than halfway done with the class for the semester. The final for that class is March 30, which means for the last month of school I will finish each week on Wednesday night (yeah!) and will have that extra time to both prepare for my April 18th trial and my other finals.

I spoke at the law forum last night with 2 other students. It was the second time I had done that and I really love being a representative for the school. I also like hopefully encouraging other stay at home moms that this is a doable thing for them. I remember feeling my first semester that maybe I didn't belong here with people about half my age, who had just freshly graduated from college, but I never feel that way now. I did speak with a young mother one on one about my experience, and I hope that it helped her believe that she can do it.

Labels: