The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, January 29, 2007

3rd Year Schedule

I've been trying to figure out what my schedule will be for this summer and next year. I think I finally have it decided. This summer I will take Professional Responsibility, Moot Court and one 2 unit elective. (Yes, this will make for a crazy 5 weeks, but I learned last summer that the summer school electives are very laid back and not as rigorous as those classes offered during the school year.) I will also try to line up some kind of clinical units (need 144 hours worth) to do over the summer, though probably not at the same time as summer school.

In the fall, I will have to take the 3 required, year-long classes (Remedies, Wills & Trusts, and Evidence). I will then have to have a one semester long class in Community Property and a one semester long elective. If I take all 5 of those in the fall, I can "relax" a bit with only 3 classes my final semester. Of course, this is also assuming I complete my law review article (which is currently on hold in its outline status) so that I can use the 3 units granted for that instead of having to take the advanced research and writing class. I am still planning on doing so, but honestly, taking 5 classes and having a husband, kids and a house to take care of does tend to fill up your time. (I give big kudos to those in my same situation who were able to finish their comment last semester!) If need be, I will do it over the summer at the latest.

So, it looks to be a very busy summer. Of course, that will make my final year a bit more enjoyable. In addition, if I end up finding out that I like the work I do for my clinical hours and they like me, it will also be possible to continue working there part time once school starts in the fall.

Labels: , ,