The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm Such a Wimp...

for my kids. My daughter flew back to school (MIT for anyone who doesn't know yet!) yesterday. When she left in August, I had a horrible time adjusting to her being gone. After her visit at Thanksgiving though, I felt much better and the month until she returned at Christmas went by very quickly. I guess I thought I had gotten it out of my system. But no. Yesterday at 5am at the airport, there I was crying as she left and went through security. And there I was crying much of the day.

She did call me as soon as the plane touched down, and again when she made it to her dorm. I'm still struggling. Yes, I want her to succeed and be independent and all that good stuff, but I miss her and just like having her with me!

Anyway......now that I have all my grades, I guess I'm pleased. I don't think I could have scored any higher on Bus. Org., Con. Law, or Tax by studying any more, though I do think I may have done a little better in Property if I had studied more. I think my answers, after reviewing them, were pretty good, but there were several minor things I could have added in. In Crim, after hearing the professors comments the other day, I don't know if studying more would have done me any good. COnsidering the time spent, I think it's all good.

Labels: , ,