The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, December 22, 2006

It's Here and It's Mine!









I picked up my new car yesterday- wow, it's so fun to have a new car! It's been 4 years since I had my last one, and 7 years since I bought my first SUV that this is replacing. Even though it is the same model, this one is so much nicer! They have added a lot more features. For example, in addition to regular radio, in dash cd player, and 6 cd changer, I now also have satellite radio and a built in ipod hookup! :) I also really like the automatic back door opener and closer, which is so handy when your hands are full. I think I'm going to keep this one for a long time too!

The first assignments for spring classes are now online. Just a note in case, like me, you browse using Firefox. Several of the files will not open properly, so use IE and they will be fine.

It really sucks that no more grades have been posted yet. I keep checking several times a day anyway. At least I'm not wasting gas and time having to drive over to school to check like last year. I'm betting now that nothing will be posted until January 2. Oh well.

I picked up my daughter last night after getting the new car. I'm so glad she will be here for 3 weeks this time. It's hard to believe she already finished her first semester at MIT. The grades for freshmen are pass/fail only, so she won't have any problem there, and it sounds like she did well on all her finals too. Just good to have her home!

Labels: , ,