The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Thinking Ahead

Last night, perhaps in an effort to avoid studying for Con Law, I got out the spring syllabus for that class and wrote out the assignments on my calendar. What I noticed right away was because the first week of classes starts on Tuesday, January 2, this normally Monday night class was going to meet on Thursday night, January 4. That alone didn't bother me, but twice later we have Monday holidays in the spring semester, and apparently both Monday classes hold make up classes on Thursday. Of course, the problem is that I have another class on Thursday afternoon (Bus. Org.). I could go the the Wednesday evening session of that class, but I am going to have Crim Trial Practice on Wednesday nights. If I were the class cutting type, I suppose this would be of no concern to me, but I have not missed a single class yet and don't intend to.

I figured I had 4 classes and only 3 slots to take them. I didn't know if I was going to just pick and choose which one to miss or what. I emailed the assistant dean and asked her and found out that Bus. Org. does not meet on holiday weeks. Also, my Con. Law professor was not supposed to have a class on Thursday of the first week of school, so they had him change his syllabus to reflect that.

Net result? I'm glad I don't have to miss some classes, but I dread I will be stuck with Bus. Org. for 2 weeks longer into the semester.

Labels: ,