The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back To It

Registration for the spring semester is this afternoon and my first class (CrimPro) meets tonight. I spent the weekend doing my reading and have gotten through the first week and a half of it. The most interesting was that for my Criminal Trial Practice class, as it wasn't your typical law school case book, but more a practical book on how to prepare for a trial. I anticipate really enjoying that class, so I'm very eager to go to that one tomorrow night.

My prediction about the grades (no more being posted until at least Jan. 2) was right. I kind of doubt any will be posted today, though I do hope we get back our tests in Crim tonight. It would be nice if we got the rest of our grades this week, but somehow I don't think that will happen.

My son doesn't start classes until next week, and my daughter doesn't go back to MIT until next Wednesday, so they are going to visit my sister in LA and go to Disneyland for a couple days this week. It will give them something fun to do and give me a nice quiet house for a few days.

I think this was probably the nicest Christmas I had in a long time. I guess I'm sad to have to get on with real life now.

Labels: , ,