The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Public Humiliation

This weekend should be interesting. A couple years ago, my family (all 15 of us) went to Cabo San Lucas for vacation. One of the activities we did for the week was have a digital photo scavenger hunt. Each individual family came up with several ideas, and I put together a master list. Once there, we had about 5 days to get as many of the pictures as we could. We had stuff like "someone buried in the sand", "a pink convertible", "a bullfight". Everyone was so creative in finding all of the items!

Superbowl Sunday has been a big celebration in my family for probably 20+ years. It's not so much that we are football crazy, but we have a bunch of snacks and appetizers that we only make once a year. So we get together, make all these yummy things, watch the game and just hang out. It is a lot of fun and probably the biggest "holiday" we do after Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter.

Anyway, we decided to add more fun to the weekend by combining the 2 ideas and having a pre-Superbowl digital photo scavenger hunt. I'm collecting all the ideas right now, and will be sending everyone the final list on Friday morning. The pictures cannot be taken before the list is sent, and must be done by the time we show up for the party on Sunday.

My family is so horribly competitive that a lot of the items on the list are of a embarrassing nature.....to see how badly people want to win and how far they will go to do so. I am sure I will have some good stories to tell on Monday. But this is my warning....if you see me around town doing something stupid this weekend, I am blaming it on the scavenger hunt!

Labels: