The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Here Comes a Three Day Weekend- YEAH!

My little blue car is now gone. It's hard to believe I had it for almost 4.5 years! It's even harder to believe that it has been that long since I had my Corvette, which it replaced. Now is the first time in 7 years that I haven't had a 2 seater in addition to an SUV. Guess I'm just getting too practical in my old age. lol

I've spent some time today working on my Criminal Trial Practice class material. We're doing Exhibits on Wednesday. It's not that hard, you just need to lay the proper foundation by authenticating the exhibit somehow. We have about a dozen situations and we are assigned to either get an exhibit into evidence or oppose it in each case. The opposing actually seems to be more straightforward. A few of the cases have some cross-exams in there too. Those are actually fun and I'm hoping I get called on to do one that has that in it. Anyway, the professor moved this assignment up a week, so other than finishing the last couple of cases, I have all my work done for the coming week.

Tomorrow morning we are going over to the bay area. We're going to be moving there once I graduate, and we really have no idea where we want to buy. There are so many different communities, and I'd prefer to have something with an ocean view, or at least be unique in some way. So, we're going to do some preliminary scouting and see if we can't find some areas we like, or at least cross off some that we don't!

Here's the house that currently tops my list:

I realize that just that picture may not give you the full impact of why I think this would be such a great house to live in. So here's the other picture....the view from that house:



While it is in our price range, unfortunately I know it won't be available next year when we are ready to move. But, maybe something even better will be!

Labels: ,