The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Oh, The People You Meet

I was just thinking about this today. When I started law school, all my thoughts revolved around if I would be able to handle it. And that meant, me, by myself. But I soon learned that law school doesn't work that way. There are so many people you meet, and then work with in one way or another......whether in a study group, in doing research, in comparing notes in classes, or in group projects for classes. I really underestimated how much "people" business is involved in going to law school.

What I've come to find out, especially in this second year where I have gotten to know people better, is that there are some really great people at my school. Some of these I would have been too intimidated to ever talk to, and some are so shy I probably never would have talked to, but various situations have led me to meet so many of them, and by far, we have such an wonderful group.

I feel like as a first year, I made many hasty assumptions about some people, and I have seen those turned around. It is a nice surprise. And while I usually consider myself the introvert, I find I really enjoy getting to know the different people I end up spending time with. Sometimes I think I'm changing with old age. Well, maybe middle age anyway.

Labels: ,